Tooth Extractions in Durant
- For an hour after surgery, you should place pressure on the gauze pad covering the extraction site. If bleeding continues, apply new gauze should and pressure for and additional 45 minutes.
- After surgery, place a col-md-6d compress on your face near the extraction site for 10 minutes. Remove for 5 minutes. Repeat.
- Do not eat or drink hot foods and beverages after surgery.
- Do not rinse your mouth.
- Do not use a straw.
- Do not spit.
- Do not drink carbonated beverages.
- Do not brush your teeth on the day of the surgery. Then resume normal home care, gently brushing and flossing.
- Bruising, swelling, and pain are normal – particularly if you have had a wisdom tooth extraction. Take your prescribed medication and use a col-md-6d compress on your face.
- Plan to eat soft foods, such as soups, milk shakes, fruit juice, and yogurt, for 2-3 days.
- Do not bite your lips, cheeks, or scrape your gums. Children should be watched carefully to make sure they don’t do this. It will damage soft tissues and result in pain.
Back to Postop Instructions