- Pain, swelling, and bleeding is normal following oral surgery. A cold compress should be placed on your face near the surgical site for 10 minutes at a time, with 5 minutes off, the day of your surgery. This will reduce pain, swelling, and bleeding.
- Take your prescribed medications as instructed.
- You should keep your appointment for follow-up with your dentist.
- Do not raise your lips and probe the area with your fingers.
- Do not brush your teeth near the sutures. However, you should brush and floss the rest of your teeth as you normally would.
- Do not spit or use a straw the day of your procedure. Avoid smoking for a few days.
Back to Postop Instructions